Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You don't break shackles by cutting off their feet

"Truth not spoken in love kills just as quickly as lies do."




My dad told me this after I had recently delivered a fresh dose of truth to someone on the edge of a blade. Cut. Sever. Dagger to the heart of the issue. I won the argument. They were destroyed in the process.


I was wrong. I was repentant. Then I was reminded. Jesus never called me to win arguments for Him. He called me to love. He called me to be salt and light, and to tell people that truth exists and His name is Jesus.




It's a beautiful thing, truth. So are those who usher it in. We live in a world that is so desperately grasping for what is true. What is real. And they are looking for people that have found it. But if they stumble because our delivery was not spoken in love, I think Jesus would prefer we kept our mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment