Thursday, April 14, 2011

This moment could possibly be defined as the pinnacle of my short little life

I have wanted to do this my ENTIRE time here at school, though cowardice has prevented me from being so forthright. But a day consisting of 8 hours on a design project, 2 hours on Fourier transforms and 3 hours of class, all on 4 hours of sleep, made me brave




This is an exchange I had with *generic female name to protect her because I'm obligated to even though I'd love to tell you her name* and *generic male name to protect him because I'm obligated to even though I'd love to tell you his name* last night in my dorm Lobby.
 I was helping my brother(John) with a circuits question and they were being so incredibly rudely awkwardly gross on the couch across from me. No doubt stress and exhaustion made me do it, but I'm a bit proud. Imagine this exchange going on in my no-more-bs voice. 


*Her and him lean in for a kiss after speaking to each other in baby talk*
Me: talking to John…..”Fourier analysis helps redefine....and no PDA in front of me on that couch. Thank you.”
*Look at me mid smooch(***see note) with a guilty, awkward look and start to turn red. This moment made even more so uncomfortable because they were so entangled around each other and they turned so quick that they almost fell off the couch. Score for timing*
Her: "Uhhh....uh...haha....uh..."
Him: "Uh....heh...what...um...PDA?"
Me: " Yes, public display of affection, what you’re doing all over each other. If you want, there’s a nice little hallway back there, go knock yourselves out, but stop that in front of me."



I don't know if it's possible, but if it is I think I made my own week with this little episode. :)




***Literally, they were in that awkward moment where their lips were just touching but they weren't full on kissing yet. And let me just say that watching people that don't know how to kiss try to emulate people that do is waaaaaay too common at this school and still gives me visceral nausea just thinking about it

No comments:

Post a Comment