Monday, September 19, 2011

Emily Dickinson was crazy. I think I like crazy people best


Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all
And sweetest in the gale is heard and sore must be the storm, that could abash the little bird that kept so many warm
I've heard it in the chillest land and on the strangest sea, yet never in extremity it asked a crumb of me


Hope is integral to our existence. I don't fully understand it yet, but it's almost as if we were made to hope. Or maybe that's to never lack. Perhaps hope is a form of some distant call reminding us there is so much more than our present condition



1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting to hear these concepts and thoughts from people afar (in time) and realizing how close they were to the hope and joy of Christ...

    ReplyDelete