Monday, October 22, 2012

Without sight, there is no direction

I haven't written here in a while


And surprisingly, the world has not spun off it's orbit, national security is still bumping along grandly, and no one has even mentioned the fact that my presence has been noticeably absent.
It is such a good check for where my importance stands in the blogging world. Really. Truly. Yes.


But I think it's good for me to make notes of things so that when I come back, I remember where I was and maybe I can write about where I've been. Or maybe I'm just trying to get the attention of the 2 people that marginally check this.
Maybe two is an exaggeration. Maybe you should just let me dream ok? Splendid.


I am in this phase of life where I am learning what it means to be about the glory of God. What it means to live in the kind of freedom Jesus offers-the kind we often refuse to take. We meaning Christians who know about Him but really don't know Him. Learning what it means to love Him more than life-and to have myself fade altogether.

God takes His glory seriously. We take it much less seriously. We let God operate in His domain in our lives that we set for Him. But I'm seeking to discover what it means to let God operate in my life. Period. All of my life. Every purpose, every impetus; to let every action and thought and movement be a mirror of grace and love. And the Almighty. To have no dichotomy exist between my life and the life God is working in. To take captive my thoughts to the obedience of Jesus. To have every purpose of every thing present within me be God, and His glory, and His name.


Yeah, I don't know what it looks like either. Because there are plenty of people who know Jesus and think He exists for them. There's very few that understand that their lives exist for His glory. That realize their dreams and pursuits and goals are of no importance when considered against Who God Is and what He wants to do-glorify Himself.


And if you think that sounds vague and open ended, try having it actually be where your heart is.

1 comment:

  1. :/ the last line brings that face out of me.

    you can succinctly say so well what lots of people feel. you are not alone, and it is beautiful to watch your journey.

    ReplyDelete