Friday, January 11, 2013

What if God’s grace is not when He saves us, but that He saved us.

Friday, March 4, 2011 post
http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

So I might slightly wish that after high school I could have just picked up and gone to Africa and never come back. Guess I have to vicariously live through others that got to go ahead. 


Suffering, pain, loss, shame – all these things I have blamed on a broken world, Satan even. But can’t a broken world and even Satan only give what God allows? Suffering, pain loss and shame are only these things because I label them as such. Because I, a sinner, choose to eat from the tree, choose to turn away from nail-scarred hands and ignore the grace and miss the gift. He is beautiful and everything He creates is beautiful and if I choose to label it suffering I am choosing to miss the beauty that is freely offered me.

1 comment:

  1. yea. kinda wish God would give that kind of call. its easier to "do ministry" when other people can see it, and know theyre supporting an "actual" ministry. it kills me that we dont see life more for what it really is.
    and that katie girl. she is so beautiful. i want to be her friend. maybe we can visit her. after we officially meet.

    ReplyDelete