Thursday, February 28, 2013

You have not because you ask

Yet I am the Lord your God
Ever since the land of Egypt,
And you shall know no God but Me;
For there is no savior besides Me.
I knew you in the wilderness,
In the land of great drought.
When they had pasture, they were filled;
They were filled and their heart was exalted;
Therefore they forgot Me.
Hosea 13:4-6


More so than the Lord making my future known to me, and more so than my heart feeling secure because my mind has a plan to latch onto, I want the Lord to give me a heart for His heart, and eyes that see what He sees, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to be His.

And the grace extended to me is not that I get the answers and plans I'm looking for, but that the answer stays hidden and the plans stay obscured-it keeps me dependent daily on the Lord to provide.


When they had pasture, they were filled;
They were filled and their heart was exalted;
Therefore they forgot Me. 

No matter what pasture I think I want, nothing is worth forgetting God and the priority He deserves in my life. Answered prayer in the form of withholding an answer. Huh.

Fair enough :)

2 comments:

  1. mmmhm. youre at school, right? cuz theres this thing at wayside on the 23rd from 9 30 to 11 30 on trafficking and i bought an extra "plate"/ seat / whatever. im curious to see if theres any opportunity presented that i havent run into yet.
    thought id ask if you wanna go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go! Man....unfortunately, I am still at school and won't be in SA....I am curious as to how it turns out though, you'll have to let me know! Thanks for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete